Hans J. Wegner’s Papa Bear Chair is one of the mid-century iconic furniture designs, comprising distinctive form and durable construction. Originally named the Teddy Bear Chair, this design was one of the first fully upholstered post-war chairs. Providing great seating comfort, the solid, but elegant appearance of the chair owns a unique visual character – an appealing focal point in any modern surrounding. The creative Danish designer was often inspired by nature and its abundance of organic shapes and forms. A great example is the Papa Bear Chair, which also follows the designer’s established principles of form and function.
FurnishPlus produces this design classic in cashmere, top grain, aniline, and vintage leather upholstery in several colors. The legs are made from Walnut Wood. The armrests are also tipped with wood, increasing the durability of the upholstery and adding a touch of sophistication.
- The strong but cozy design adds a layer of subtle sophistication to any transitional or modern home
- Papa Bear Chair ottoman available here
- The high sculpted back provides exceptional support while creating visual interest
- Extra support is provided by the armrests
- Choose the leather upholstery and the colors you want
- Subtle button tufts present on the backrest add a classy edge to the chair
- The simple wood legs add a hint of rustic appeal
- The armrests have wooden accents for a bit of the artistic style
- Ottoman available separately
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
W=36″ x D=38″ x H=41.5″
* All measurements are approximations.