- Pressure and heat-molded plywood body. Kiln-dried After Treatment Lumber (non-toxic) for stability and lower weights.
- Sanded smooth surface with a polyurethane finish to prevent abrasion and scrapes.
- High-density CA-117 cushioning. PU-injected foam wrapped in synthetic Dacron silk.
- All seams are sewn by hand using the innovative Danish lock-stitch.
- Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for unyielding support.
- The veneer plywood legs are resistant to impacts and offer sturdiness and strength.
- Floor protections come standard on legs.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here
- Width: 36.8″
- Depth: 31.8″
- Height: 31.4″
- Seat height: 15.7″
- Seat depth: 18.5″
- Packing size: 38″ x 33″ x 32.6″
- Net weight: 26.4 lbs
* All measurements of the Shell Chair are approximations.
Hans J. Wegner Shell Chair :
The sculptural and artistic Shell Chair CH07 is one of the most popular designs by the acclaimed Hans J. Wegner. Also known as the “Smiling Chair,” the unique form and floating lines of the stable structure are the results of the designer’s extensive understanding of the qualities of wood and its performance in the production process. The curved form of the seating shell and the padded cushion ensures comfort, while the arched legs provide stable support. The unique, three-legged piece is one of the iconic furniture designs that established the popularity of mid-century Danish design on an international level. Hans J. Wegner is considered one of the most prolific Scandinavian designers, whose creations feature in museums worldwide.
FurnishPlus produces this iconic design in Walnut, Rosewood, and Natural Oak. The durable structure is handcrafted for maximum adherence to the details of the design. The upholstery is made in a choice of Danish Cashmere, Leather, and Cowhide Leather and is available in a range of colors.