- Top: Five layers of molded plywood, glued and with rubber shock mounts
- Ashwood veneer with natural stain.
- Base: welded stainless steel rod base with chrome finish.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here.
Molded Plywood Dining Chair Metal Base (DCM):
The DCM which stands for Dining Chair Metal (1946) was designed by Charles and Ray Eames in their California apartment. The prototype began as an experiment to create a chair that conforms to the body with its molded shape. The chair quickly became popular among designers and artists all over the globe and still remains a classic mid-century style to this day.
This plywood dining chair with a metal base is a delightful complement to any dining room table or even office seating space. The thin seat and back are connected to a light, streamlined steel frame with springy rubber shock mounts that bring ergonomic comfort and organically accommodate each sitter.
Time Magazine named it the Best Design of the 20th Century, the DCM has set the bar for international standard comfort and style.