- Frame: Solid brushed frame featuring 304-grade stainless steel.
- Seating: The frame has been wrapped by a 94.5” (240m) developed flag line with perfect tension enabling you to enjoy a comfortable seat.
- Headrest: Made with only down feathers and is upholstered with Italian Leather.
- Features: Come standard with Australian sheepskin of the long-haired variety.
- Base: coated with UV cured white powder to maintain the sleek looks over time.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here
- Width: 42.3″
- Depth: 45.7″
- Height: 31.9″
- Seat height: 15.6″
- Seat depth: 18.3″
- Packing size:
- Chair: 47.2″ x 43.3″ x 33.1″
- Pillow: 23.2″ x 10.2″ x 7.1″
- Net weight: 66.1 lbs
* All measurements of the Flag Halyard Chair are approximations.
Hans J. Wegner Flag Halyard Chair:
The idea for this chair was envisioned by Hans J Wegner while he was on the beach near the end of the 1940s. A “halyard” is a line that covers or hoists a sail. This reproduction version of the chair is using a textured flag line wrapped around the solid stainless steel frame creating a perfectly balanced modern industrial beauty. The wide-set and deep reclining frame are wonderful for a serene lounging experience, especially when pairing with the sleek and lustrous sheepskin throw and down feather-filled headrest.
This icon of original Danish design is a brilliant and unlikely combination of rope, steel, sheepskin, and leather that will maintain its eccentricity in mid-century modern furniture engineering. Using such different materials to play into their distinct textures is Wegner proving his ability to innovate, evolve furniture as we know it.
Furnish Plus produce this perfect blend of luxury and serenity using stainless steel with a powder brushed base. Headrest upholstered with Italian Leather of your choice in a selection of colors.