LC1 Sling Chair Details:
- Base frame: Polished stainless steel 3 mm thick bent tubular frame.
- Leather Stitch Edge type: Cross-edge stitch provide durability and original design accuracy.
- Seat platform: High-strength reinforced load-bearing seat platform cross straps.
- Seating Style: Angle pitched for long use seating comfort.
- Features: Ergonomic swivel self-pitch adjustable back. Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly. This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here
- Width: 23.5″ Depth: 25″ x Height: 25″
- Seating Height: 15″
- Seat depth: 19.2″
- Armrest height: 22.8″
- Packing size: 26.7″ x 24.8″ 26.7″
- Net weight: 19.8 lbs
* All measurements of the LC1 Sling Chair are approximations.
Le Corbusier LC1 Sling Chair:
Designed by Charles Le Corbusier in 1929, the LC1 Sling Chair or as known as the “Basculant” chair represents mid-century functional elegance. Inspired by the 18th Century foldable wooden seat, used on picnics during Colonial times. Le Corbusier’s creation combines form and function in a beautiful, minimalist design; the adjustable backrest provides additional seating comfort. Featured in various advertisements, the elegant lines, and subtlety of the profile of the LC1 Chair have established a timeless design appeal. As one of the pioneers of modern architecture, Le Corbusier’s infatuation with proportion and harmony of the forms has been infused in the finesse of his furniture designs.
Produced by hand for maximum precision of the design outline. The tilting backrest moves with the body render it optimal for flexibility and comfortability. FurnishPlus manufactures the Chair in quality top grain, aniline, vintage, and cowhide leather upholstery and a stylish steel frame.