Nelson Platform Bench
nelson platform bench replica
nelson platform bench cushion
nelson platform bench wood base
nelson platform bench plans
- Top: Spaced out solid wood slats, finger jointed with Natural Oak finish.
- Base: Ebonized wood legs.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here.
- 4ft: Width: 48″ x Depth: 18.5″ x Height: 14″
- 5ft: Width: 60″ x Depth: 18.5″ x Height: 14″
- 6ft: Width: 72″ x Depth: 18.5″ x Height: 14″
* All measurements of the Nelson Platform Bench are approximations.
Nelson Platform Bench:
The Nelson Platform Bench (1946) was originally designed for his own office for George Nelson wanted something just as utilitarian as it is attractive. He had hoped that the slatted top would discourage visitors from sitting too long. Nelson’s insistence on “honest” design combined with his architectural background has reflected on this landmark of modern design. The Nelson Bench is ideal for private homes, office buildings, or common areas and can be linked together to create a long bench or an expanded table.
Solid wood slats are separated to let the breeze and light shine through. The edge is finger-jointed for high-caliber strength. The base is made of solid wood with an ebony finish. It is available in three lengths with natural oak finish. Nelson Bench can be used as either a seating place or a surface.