The Brno Chair by Van der Rohe is an icon of modernist design. The unconventional structure was purpose built for the bedroom of the Tugendhat House in Brno, Czech Republic. The unusual, but very stable curved metal legs have established the chair as one of the classics of 20th century modern furniture design. Selected by the famous Dan Cruickshank, the Brno Chair was featured as one of 80 man-made “treasures” in the 2005 BBC Series “Around the World in 80 Treasures”. The ingenious design rests completely on its front legs, creating the individual look of this functional piece.
FurnishPlus produces this iconic design in classic or premium leather upholstery in several colors and a stainless steel frame. The armrests also have an upholstered pad.
- It is constructed of resilient high-density foam
- genuine top-grain, aniline, and vintage Italian leather
- polished premium-grade stainless steel frame
- The seating surface, edges, back, and armrests are fully upholstered in Italian leather
- Very popular as a dining chair, boardroom chair, client chair or waiting room chair
- Available on a custom-order basis without leather armrests
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
W=23″ x D=22.5″ x H=32″