- Top: Five layers of molded plywood, glued and with rubber shock mounts.
- Ashwood veneer with natural stain.
- Base: Five layers of molded plywood.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here.
- Width: 19.5″ x Depth: 22″ x Height: 28″
- Seat height: 17.5″
* All measurements are approximations.
FPlus Molded Plywood Dining Chair Wood Base (DCW):
The DCW which stands for Dining Chair Wood Base (1946) was designed by Charles and Ray Eames in their California apartment. The prototype began as an experiment to create a chair that conforms to the body with its molded shape. The chair quickly became popular among designers and artists all over the globe and still remains a classic mid-century style to this day. Fondly nicknamed the “potato chip chair” for the thin, curved back and seat.
This plywood dining chair with a wood base is a delightful complement to any dining room table or even office seating space. The thin seat and back are connected to rubber shock mounts that buffer against jarring movement to bring ergonomic comfort and organically accommodate each sitter.
Time Magazine named it the Best Design of the 20th Century, the DCW has set the bar for international standard comfort and style.