Embracing the organic, timeless shape of one of the nature’s most proportional creations, Arne Jacobsen’s iconic Egg Chair has harmonized a sensuous, aesthetic form with comfort and functionality. Purpose built for the lobby of the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen in 1958, its influential design has celebrated more than 50 years of pioneering the aesthetics of Modernism. The unique retro construction of this aspirational product has established the Egg Chair as a significant contribution to Nordic design heritage. Sheltered for privacy, its
The unique retro construction of this aspirational product has established the Egg Chair as a significant contribution to Nordic design heritage. Sheltered for privacy, its cozy structure integrates the surroundings, making it the focal point of any style-led space. Acting on its iconic image, the Egg Chair has been featured in memorable film productions and has a significant role in the 6th book of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
FurnishPlus produces the Egg Chair with a handmade cushion and in a range of earthy and bold colors to complement any interior. Cashmere, top grain, aniline, and vintage leather covers a fiberglass and aluminum construction that allows the body a variety of natural movement options.
- The shell is of polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement
- 4-star base in injection molded aluminum with a modern finish resistant to chipping and flaking
- Optional matching ottoman available in fabric or leather
- available in a wide variety of fabric upholstery as well as leather
- Hand-stitching using braided lock stitch throughout the entire piece for an outstandingly luxurious feel with the durability of the original design
- High-density CA-117 cushioning with PU-injected foam wrapped in synthetic Dacron silk
- 360° swivel function for optimal convenience
- Adjustable tilt feature
- Click here for Egg chair ottoman
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
W=34.5″ x D=31″ x H=42″
Seat Height= 16.5″
* All measurements are approximations.