Husk Armchair | Patricia Urquiola
husk armchair b&b italia
husk armchair replica
Up 50 Chair & Ottoman Details:
- Upholstery: Danish Cashmere with flexible shaped polyurethane foam.
- Bottom base: jute fabric with PVC trimming.
- Cover button: Danish Cashmere.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customer reviews: Read verified reviews here.
Gaetano Pesce Up 50 Chair & Ottoman:
The spheric and shapely UP50 chair was designed by Gaetano Pesce in 1969 are undoubtedly feminine. The concept for the Up chair came to him when he had a wet sponge in his hand. “When I pressed the sponge, it shrank, and when I released it, it returned to its original volume,” said Pesce. The image has inspired him to create the Up chair which now resides in many museums around the globe, namely MoMA.
Fifty years ago when it was launched, the chair was considered revolutionary due to the use of polyurethane – a newly discovered component. The Up 5 chair is attached to the bulbous Up 6 ottoman by an elastic cord.
Furnish Plus produces this icon upholstered with soft Danish Cashmere in a selection of colors.