Womb Chair & Ottoman:
The distinctive design of the Womb chair is part of Eero S.’s breakthrough chair collection. The challenging forms of the piece are an example of the designer’s imaginative flair and experimentation with new materials and forms. The 1948 design has soft padding with a tilted backrest, which makes for the great seating comfort of the chair. The artistic form of the Womb chair has set new standards for modern design, which impresses more than half a century later. While the Womb Chair is certainly worthy of praise on its own, we’d be remiss not to recommend pairing it with the coordinating settee and stool. With the ability to instantly add an air of contentment and charm to any space, you can’t go wrong with any of these peace-promoting pieces. In addition to creating comforting furnishings, Saarinen demanded quality, only crafting his creations from the finest materials available. With proper care, this piece is certain to be passed down through multiple generations.
Furnish Plus produces the classic design in quality cashmere in a variety of colors and the reliable frame and legs are made of steel.
Womb Chair & Ottoman Details:
- Distinctive design from 1948
- Extremely comfortable
- Handmade from top materials
- Constructed around a synthetic “dimension true” curvature fiberglass shell
- Polished stainless steel resistant to chipping and flaking
- Floor protective pads included
- Read verified reviews here
- Click here to check other products by Eero Saarinen
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
Chair: W=39″ x D=35″ x H=36″
Seat Height: 16.5″
Ottoman: W=25.5″ x D=21″ x H=16.5″