The sculptural and artistic Shell Chair CH07 is one of the most popular designs by the acclaimed Hans J. Wegner. Also known as the “Smiling Chair,” the unique form and floating lines of the stable structure are the results of the designer’s extensive understanding of the qualities of wood and its performance in the production process. The curved form of the seating shell and the padded cushion ensure comfort, while the arched legs provide stable support. The unique, three-legged piece is one of the iconic furniture designs that established the popularity of mid-century Danish design on an international level. Hans J. Wegner is considered one of the most prolific Scandinavian designers, whose creations feature in museums worldwide.
FurnishPlus produces this iconic design in walnut, rosewood, natural oak, and black. The durable structure is handcrafted for maximum adherence to the details of the design. The upholstery is made in a choice of cashmere, leather, and cowhide leather and is available in a range of colors.
- The seat and frame have been crafted from quality plywood veneer to ensure optimal durability and strength
- High-density CA-117 cushioning
- PU-injected foam wrapped in synthetic Dacron silk
- Increased comfort is provided by the back cushions and plush seat
- The veneer plywood legs are resistant to impacts and offer stability and strength.
- Choose from a range of finish and veneer combinations.
- Multiple options of leather and fabric colors are available
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
W=36″ x D=29.5″ x H=29.5″
* All measurements are approximations.