Pierre Jeanneret Lounge Chair
pierre jeanneret chair authentic
pierre jeanneret chair dimensions
Pierre Jeanneret Chair canada
pierre jeanneret chairs for sale
- A mid-century modern and classic masterwork originated from Italy
- Material: Made with the cane and solid wood
- Backrest: Solid wood backrest without finger joints. Viennese woven cane for durability.
- Seat: Structured with Fine Silver Mesh for utmost durability. Handwoven for comfortable usage.
- Finish: Eco oil-based stain to protect against sun, wind, and dust.
- Fully assembled chair when delivered.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here
- Height: 30″
- Width: 28.75″
- Depth: 32″
- Seat Height: 14″
- Arm Height: 21″
- Seat Width: 26.5″
- Seat Depth: 19″
* All measurements of the Pierre Jeanneret Lounge Chair are approximations.
The Pierre Jeanneret Lounge Chair was designed in 1950 by Pierre Jeanneret. He and his cousin Le Corbusier resided in India in the 50s and had significant contributions to a massive urban planning project of Chandigarh. Though Le Corbusier discontinued his contribution from the project, Jeanneret actively contributed for the next 15 years. Therefore, the modern, classic Pierre Jeanneret chair was created to pay respect for his inspiring contributions.
The Pierre Jeanneret is a simple yet elegant lounge chair inspired by the mid-century modern design of Chandigarh. What’s special about the chair is that all the components of the chair are made with solid local wood that gives a sense of sophistication. Besides, the sidebars of the chair are cut from Burma teak trees to protect against bugs. It also comes with a very unique and classic Inverted ‘V’ shape that supports the armrests and protects against bugs and humidity. Moreover, the backrest and the seat of the chair are made with a distinctive Viennese woven cane frame.
The chair was relaunched by Cassina in 2019. The masterwork of Jeanneret is an exclusive complimentary artwork of structural perfection and mesmerizing modernistic beauty with a touch of highest quality, lightweight materials including wood and cane.
The sophisticated Pierre Jeanneret chair is a masterwork that represents simplicity and a timeless aura. This unique collection adds to the beauty of any residence and workplace.