pierre jeanneret chair
pierre jeanneret lounge chair
pierre jeanneret chair canada
Pierre Jeanneret Floating Back Armchair
pierre jeanneret chair toronto
- A mid-century modern and classic masterwork originated from Italy
- Made with the cane and solid wood
- Solid wood backrest without finger joints
- Handwoven seat for comfortable usage
- Viennese woven cane backrest for durability
- Seat structured with Fine Silver Mesh for utmost durability
- Eco oil-based stain to protect against sun, wind and dust
- All materials used are non-toxic and children friendly
- Fully-assembled chair when delivered
- Designed by Pierre Jeanneret and reproduction by FurnishPlus
- Read Verified Reviews Click Here
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Width: 20.9″ x Depth: 22″ x Height: 31.9″
- Seat height: 16.9″
- Seat depth: 17.7″
- Armrest height: 26.4″
- Packing size: 23.6″ x 22.4″ x 33.5″
- Net weight: 17.1 lbs
* All measurements are approximations.
The chair was mainly designed in 1950 by Pierre Jeanneret. Pierre Jeanneret chair and his cousin Le Corbusier resided in India in the ’50s and had significant contributions to a massive urban planning project of Chandigarh. Though Le Corbusier discontinued his contribution from the project, Jeanneret actively contributed for the next 15 years. Therefore, the modern, classic chair was created to pay respect for his inspiring contributions.
It is a simple yet elegant floating back armchair inspired by the mid-century modern design of Chandigarh. It is also known as an office chair. The especially of the chair is that all the components of the chair are made with solid local wood that gives a sense of sophistication. Besides, the sidebars of the chair are cut from Burma teak trees to protect against bugs. It also comes with a very unique and classic Inverted ‘V’ shape that supports the armrests and protects against bugs and humidity. Moreover, the backrest and the seat of the chair are made with a distinctive Viennese woven cane frame.
The chair was relaunched by Cassina in 2019. The masterwork of Jeanneret is an exclusive complimentary artwork of structural perfection and mesmerizing modernistic beauty with a touch of the highest quality, lightweight materials including wood and cane.
The sophisticated chair is a masterwork that represents simplicity and a timeless aura. This unique collection adds to the beauty of any residence and workplace.