Mogensen 2215 Armchair
Ox Chair and Ottoman
ox chair canada
ox chair replica
- Frame: Molded fiberglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam.
- Upholstery: Premium materials hand-stitched using braided lockstitch technology. High density cushioning PU-injected foam wrapped in synthetic Dacron silk.
- Legs: Polished #304 grade stainless steel tube base with a chrome finish resistant to flaking and chipping. Comes standard with floor protective pads.
- Safety information: Each material is non-harmful, resistant to fire, and child friendly.
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
- Customers reviews: Read verified reviews here.
- Width: 40.9″ x Depth: 38.6″ x Height: 40.4″
- Seating height: 16.5″
- Seating depth: 21.3″
- Armrest height: 23.2″
- Packing size: 43.3″ x 41.3″ 42.1″
- Net weight: 82.4 lbs
- Width: 27.2″ x Depth: 15.4″ x Height: 19.7″
- Packing size: 27.6″ x 20.5″ x 16.9″
- Net weight: 15.4 lbs
* All measurements of the Ox Chair & Ottoman are approximations.
Hans J. Wegner Ox Chair & Ottoman:
The Ox Chair was considered revolutionary when it was presented in 1960 by designer Hans J. Wegner. His interest in Picasso, particularly his surrealist artworks, was the motivation for this sculptural seat. This was an audacious chair that provoked the aesthetics of Danish design.
An iconic statement piece with an irrefutable presence, it demonstrates the designer’s organic, artistic approach to redefining traditional seating. Distinctive headrest indicating ox horns and its ample body. The slender and uncut lines demonstrate Wegner’s talent for designing and impeccable understanding of materials.
As solid and unmistakable as a bull, this stylish replica of the Ox Chair is cushioned, made with the highest quality materials; features chromed stainless steel legs, high resilient density foam, and fine stitching. The Ox Chair can be used as a centerpiece for a living room, office, lounge area, or library. This is the perfect chair to sit comfortably in many different ways so that one can change positions continuously.