B&B Husk 2 Seat | Patricia Urquiola Style
B&B Husk 2 Seat’s Story:
The B&B Husk 2 Seat is a landmark for the HUSK range. Remarkably, the design of this sofa, at least on paper, was created much before the other items in the range. Like all major innovations, technology had to be perfected before this design could become a reality.
Interestingly, the B&B Husk 2 Seat is not a sofa that features a soft section on top of a base. Instead, this lovely creation is the result of transforming softness into a sofa. It has been created from a range of structural cushions that are present not only in the seats but also the armrests and the back. The last two sections are of the same height and are particularly flexible.
You do not sit on this HUSK-SOFA. Rather, you step inside a warm embrace while retaining your contact with the surroundings. The back and the armrests do feel a bit high but they are still short enough to let your gaze roam around the area. The sofa is protective but do not isolate you. This sofa was not meant to develop into a system even though it is not an elite piece.
The depth of the sofa at 36.6in is rather deep. However, there are two lengths, 88.6in and 64.6in for the double-seater and single-seater respectively. They are easily discerned by the presence of two sections in the double-seater and the single cushion in the single-seater. You can choose between bronze nickel and a copper finish for the supports. Throw pillows add to the comfort. To add a sense of refinement with a hint of the casual, privilege mélange fabric covers, in linen or wool, have been used.
The HUSK-SOFA remembers the challenge of following the tradition set by the Chesterfield sofas and also of developing a contemporary version of top-stitching. It is the sofa equivalent of a down jacket that has been perfectly tailored.
B&B Husk 2 Seat’s Details:
This reproduction of B&B Husk 2 Seat from Furnish Concept Plus has these features:
- Tubular steel is used for the internal frame along with steel profiles.
- Flexible cold-shaped polyurethane foam is used for the internal frame upholstery with polyester fiber cover.
- The seat upholstery features flexible cold-shape polyurethane foam while the cover has been made from polyester fiber.
- The feet have been crafted from die-cast aluminum with a choice between copper or painted finish.
- Thermoplastic material has been used for the ferrules.
- The cover is made of fabric.
- Dimensions: Width=64.2in, Depth=36.6in, Height=34.3in.
- What is the difference between Top grain and Aniline? Click Here
This reproduction is not created with or affiliated with the original designer or any associated parties.
Fabric, Fabric – Black, Fabric – Blue, Fabric – Dark Gray, Fabric – Green, Fabric – Light Gray, Fabric – Mustard, Fabric – Orange, Fabric – Purple, Fabric – Red, Fabric – White, Fabric – Wool Sky Blue, Fabric – Yellow