Mies van der Rohe produced the exclusive design of the Barcelona Chair to seat the Spanish King and Queen at the 1929 World Exhibition in Barcelona. It was inspired by the Roman “sella curulis” judge’s chair and the ancient Egyptian folding stools. In Rohe’s own words the Barcelona Chair was “important and elegant”, which was soon confirmed by the chair’s overwhelming popularity. The simplicity of the refined design joins functionality and a focus on proportion.
The simplicity of the refined design joins functionality and a focus on proportion. Recognized as one of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe’s most iconic designs, the Barcelona Chair ensures great seating comfort and a clean-cut silhouette. The button details add to the aesthetic appeal of the design as well as being the signature feature of the whole Barcelona collection. The reliable construction provides durability and stability.
FurnishPlus produces this classic piece with durable chromed metal frame, upholstered in top grain, aniline, or vintage leather. It is available in several colors.
- Chair Frame is polished solid-core stainless steel with no unsightly screws or weld lines
- Cushions are upholstered in 100% genuine Italian Leather on the top and sides of each cushion
- Heavy cowhide straps fasten the cushions to the frame
- We are committed to offering the highest quality reproduction available in the market
- Click here for Pavilion ottoman
- This item is not manufactured by or affiliated with the original designer(s) and associated parties.
W=31.5″ x D=31.5″ x H=30″